Sunday, March 8, 2009

touch down

Since first landing here in Brunei on the 23rd of september 2008 i felt like i had hatched out of an egg and was seeing the world again for the first time. 8 years is a long time to be away,you have to start everything a fresh. So there i was on a decent towards the shrinking green jungle with my growing uncertainty. Some parts i recognised from the air some were completely new to me. As i alighted flight BI97 and stepped into the hot wet blanket this coutry has embraced as its climate a fimiliar rush excitement and nervousness filled me from the tips of my toes to thetip of my tongue. Bang!a heady cocktail of emotion just awakened to toy with my concious just as i hit customs,a stutter of what should of been the Malay langguage swaggered out of my mouth and then it was over,i was home. The place i grew up,the family id missed and the beautiful glare of the sun off the greenery,so colourful i almost forgot the grey streets and grey clouds of England. My other home seems a million miles away i will miss it but here i am. With no idea of how much things would change over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment